Cooking with the kids: Chicken Dippers
[ Thursday 26th July 2012 ] By Geoff e
The youngest of the Riley clan, Cooper, Burton and Betsy, love making these chicken dippers. They are fresh, full of protein and completely free from preservatives, and the preparation can get a little messy which is great fun.
What you’ll need:
• 2 – 3 Riley’s chicken breasts
• 2 beaten eggs
• plain flour
• breadcrumbs (we use bread from Cordy’s, Rawtenstall, to make these and we sell them too)
• 3 tupperware boxes
• a chopping board
• a baking tray
1. Prepare your baking tray
2. Preheat your oven to 200c
3. Cut the chicken breasts into even strips and place on the clean chopping board.
4. Crack the eggs into one of the tupperware boxes and beat them lightly using a fork or whisk.
5. Pour the flour into the second tupperware box and then the breadcrumbs into the third.
6. Then set up a production line as follows: chicken, flour, egg, breadcrumbs, baking tray.
7. Take a strip and dip it in the flour ensuring it is evenly covered
8. Repeat step 7 with the egg then the breadcrumbs.
9. Place each chicken strip on the baking tray
10. Once all the dippers are spread evenly on the baking tray, cook for about 20 minutes.
11. Serve with home-made potato wedges and fresh vegetables.